- Ceramic Teacup Planter, Color Options
- Potting soil
- Haworthia coarctata
- Pumice or other piece of rock
- Sedum japonicum, Tokyo Sun, Stonecrop
- Beach Sand - 1.5 lbs.
- Tiny Starfish and Seashells
- Mermaid Marina
- Other kinds of succulents if you have access or leave it out
- Tropical Seahorses, 3 Piece Set, Color Options
Fill up the fairy garden teacup with loose potting or cactus soil.
Remove half of the root ball of the plant before planting. In addition to the Haworthia and Sedum, we used a piece of succulent that was broken off a larger plant. As long as it is not a variety that will overpower the planter, you can use many different types.
Add sand after the soil has been firmly pressed down. Add Marina the mermaid, her friend and watch 'dog' the seahorse and lastly sprinkle the seashells and starfish around her.
How to Take Care of Your Fairy Garden
This is very easy to take care of. Place it in full sun and water it when the soil is dry. It may be the easiest to simply fill up the saucer several times until it doesn't take up any more moisture. Then drain the saucer and wipe it off.
The Sedum needs a periodic hair cut.
This is one of the most pinned planters we have on Pinterest! Everyone loves mermaids.